It’s that time of year again – time to make promises to ourselves that we have every intention of keeping. Here are some travel-related resolutions that I will be keeping. I hope you will join me.
1. Travel More. I’ve always believed that travel will make me a better person. Learning about other cultures and meeting people from these cultures will broaden my mind and increase my empathy.
2. Travel Light. My last couple of trips were made with a back[pack and a carry-on suitcase. I’d like to pare that down even more so I will be looking at a more versatile travel wardrobe. I will also bring less “stuff” on my next trip.
3. Do More Research. Sometimes when I return home from a trip, I find out that I have missed something that I would have enjoyed. I will not live with regret, but learn from this mistake. I will find out more about an area so I can make better choices. Better research can mean a better trip.
4. Be More Flexible. I don’t want to be tied to my itinerary. I also want to be able to skip things if I need a break. I will build more free time into my plans so I can shift my schedule around if I want.
5. Get Enough Sleep. Before I leave on my next trip, I will make sure that I am well rested. Tiredness can make me impatient when I have to wait in lines – especially at the airport.
6. Pay Attention to my Health. I’d like to lose weight, not only for my appearance, but so that I am healthier overall. I want to become more physically fit so I can walk all day without becoming tired.
7. Travel with Friends. This is more of a wish than a resolution, but I’d love to have more opportunities to travel with friends. Will you join me on my next trip?